SqABQ2vaBiRwOmiKY86G4RLCZRM

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Low Carb Zucchini Spinach Meaty Cheesy Lasagne!




As I have been continuing my low carb lifestyle, I have been sharing some of the recipes I make on my personal facebook page. Many of my friends and family have asked that I do this, as they have to watch their carbs, weight, health and I have no problem doing so. I like to advertise for the original poster too because if I liked their recipe enough to post it to my facebook, I want them to get traffic from it!

Lately, I have been craving some sort of lasagne. Since noodles are 100% off limits for me, I needed to come up with a way to have a similar dish without them. I see lots of recipes with zucchini noodles, so I have been experimenting with them lately, and this is a dish that just came together. I wasnt planning on blogging it or I would have taken better pictures, and actually planned out the recipe. I have had several people on my facebook page ask for the recipe, so I knew I needed to write something up! The thing is.... I had only taken one crappy picture, and we had eaten all of the lasagne, so this one pic will have to do! When I make it next time, I will try and take better pictures and switch them out. 

This recipe went over very well with my husband, which is always a plus, especially since we have both been wearing thin of the low carb lifestyle. I actually want to make it again already! 

**This recipe is for 2 mini loaf pans. If you need more, I'd pretty much double it, although with the recipe below I had leftover ricotta cheese mixture and half the spinach leftover so I plan on making 2 more mini pans of it and freezing it

1 - 15oz tub of Ricotta Cheese
1 small box frozen spinach (warmed up and drained)
1-1.5lbs of ground beef
Jar of pasta sauce (I used 4 cheese by simple truth cuz it has less carbs)
1 1/2 cups of Shredded mozzarella cheese (more or less as needed)
2 medium zucchini
One egg
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Ground basil
Garlic powder
Pepper
Mini loaf pans or a bigger loaf pan, or baking dish

1. Use a mandolin to cut the zucchini length-wise in thin strips. No bigger than 1/8 of an inch thick. Salt them and lay them in a strainer for as long as you can before cooking. Best to let sit for 30 minutes- 2 hours in order to get some of the moisture out. 

2. Cook the ground beef. Drain the grease. Add in the pasta sauce, some basil, garlic powder and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes. 

3. For the mini loaf pans, we used 1/2 of the spinach (warmed up), and 1/2 of the ricotta cheese. Mix them together. Add one egg and mix together well. Add in some garlic powder and the Parmesan cheese. (If you do not want left over mixture, I would suggest starting with 1/4 of the ricotta and 1/4 of the spinach).

4. When you've let the zucchini set for as long as you can, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and start to build your lasagne. Spray the loaf pans with cooking spray, and pour in a layer of the meat/sauce mix, then a layer of the zucchini, then the ricotta cheese mixture, layer of mozzarella and then repeat.  End with a layer of the shredded mozzarella on top. 
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, and let sit for at least 5 minutes after it's done.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my husband and I did. It rejuvenates you to find a good recipe that tastes amazing and keeps your health on track! 

Enjoy! 


8 comments:

  1. Pinning this yummy recipe, can't wait to try it :)

    xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! This recipe is just awesome! Thanks for sharing lady! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Video Converter for Mac Total Video Converter for Mac is your best video converter for Mac to convert all videos to iPad, iPhone... Best all-in-one Video Converter for Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and beautiful. It produces an amazing aroma. ShowBoat Beans recipe has also a very nice aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Tasty ! Is it Lasagnia ?

    ReplyDelete